ANA
Premium Journalist
1 minute read
4 Apr 2019
10:06 pm

Release report on probe into R61m health tender, IFP asks Mkhwebane

ANA

The party said it had asked three times for the mobile clinics tender in KZN to be probed, the last time in 2017, but had heard nothing.

The IFP has demanded answers from Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane on why she has not released the report into the investigation of a R61 million mobile clinic tender in KwaZulu-Natal.

“We are very perturbed about this delay by the Public Protector because her office released reports on a number of investigations that it has conducted but the report on this issue was not mentioned,” the party said in a statement on Thursday.

The IFP said it had expected the release of the report during the public protector’s quarterly delivery of reports on investigations she had concluded as early as June 2018. The party said it was disappointed that there was no information on the progress of the matter.

“In my letter to the Public Protector, dated 1st February 2017, and to her predecessor, Advocate Thuli Madonsela dated 19 June 2015 and 4 October 2016, I raised my concerns regarding this controversial tender and requested the Public Protector’s office to investigate but no progress has been reported in this matter since then,” IFP provincial spokesperson on health, Ncamisile Nkwanyana, said.

The spokesperson said that the KZN health department had leased mobile clinic units from two different companies, Mzansi Lifecare and Mobile Satellite Technologies, for the R61 million in question.

“It is high time now for the Public Protector to release this report. We need answers no lame excuses. Time for complacency is over,” Nkwanyana said.

African News Agency (ANA)

For more news your way, download The Citizen’s app for iOS and Android.