1 minute read
28 Nov 2013
7:07 pm

Case against Congolese couple postponed

A Congolese couple arrested for alleged possession of explosives and detonators worth about R1.5 million appeared in the Springs Magistrate's Court on Thursday, the Hawks said.

The pair had been charged with stock theft. Photo: Supplied

The case was postponed until December 5 for a formal bail application, Hawks spokesman Paul Ramaloko said.

The couple was arrested in Springs, on the East Rand, on Tuesday.

Police seized devices usually used in ATM bombings and illegal mining, gold concentrates, platinum concentrates, pyrobor chemicals and mercury and smelting apparatus, Ramaloko said.

Sapa