South Africa 28.11.2013 05:13 pm

Krejcir murder accused released

FILE PIC. Radovan Krejcir appearing in court when he was arrested in connection with an armed robbery in 2012. Photo: Johann Hattingh/Citizen

FILE PIC. Radovan Krejcir appearing in court when he was arrested in connection with an armed robbery in 2012. Photo: Johann Hattingh/Citizen

The case against a man accused of being involved in a plot to kill Czech fugitive Radovan Krejcir was struck off the roll on Thursday, the NPA said.

Brendan Harrison was provisionally released by the Germiston Regional Court, said National Prosecuting Authority spokeswoman Phindi Louw.

She said the State had asked that the case be postponed.

During an appearance in October, Harrison’s lawyer Jack Gerber asked that evidence against him be forwarded to the Director of Public Prosecutions for a decision on the merits of the allegations.

He said the defence had found discrepancies in the evidence against Harrison, but would not elaborate.

Harrison said he met Krejcir in 2009. The Saturday Star previously reported that in 2011 he was given a job by a former associate of Krejcir, Michael Arsiotis.

Harrison claimed he started to receive threats shortly after taking the job. He then cut all ties with Krejcir and his associates, and left for Swaziland to start his own business.

Harrison was arrested while on a business trip in South Africa.

Sapa

 

05

today in print