Krejcir attempted murder case postponed

FILE PICTURE: Czech businessman Radovan Krejcir. Photo: Johann Hattingh/Citizen

FILE PICTURE: Czech businessman Radovan Krejcir. Photo: Johann Hattingh/Citizen

The attempted murder case against Brendan Harrison, accused of being involved in a plot to kill Czech businessman Radovan Krejcir, was postponed in the Germiston Regional Court on Wednesday.

“The case is postponed to tomorrow [Thursday] for an outcome of representations made to the Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP) by the defence,” magistrate Yolanda Labuschagne said.

The documentation was expected to arrive later on Wednesday, Patrick Morris, for the State, told the court.

During an appearance in October, Harrison’s lawyer Jack Gerber asked that evidence against his client be forwarded to the DPP to make an informed decision on the merits of the allegations.

He said the defence had found discrepancies in the evidence against Harrison, but would not elaborate.

“We will hear about where the case stands from the DPP tomorrow,” a confident Gerber told reporters outside the courtroom.

Harrison said he met Krejcir in 2009. The Saturday Star previously reported that in 2011 he was given a job by Michael Arsiotis, a former associate of Krejcir.

Harrison claimed he started to receive threats shortly after taking the job. He then cut all ties with Krejcir and his associates, and left for Swaziland to start his own business.

Harrison had been on a business trip in South Africa when he was arrested.

He remains in custody.

 Sapa

 

today in print