1 minute read
11 Nov 2013
2:36 pm

Krejcir murder plot accused case postponed

The case against a man accused of involvement in a plot to kill Czech businessman Radovan Krejcir was postponed by the Germiston Regional Court today.

FILE PICTURE: Czech businessman Radovan Krejcir. Picture: Michel Bega

During a brief appearance, Brendan Harrison’s case was postponed to November 27.

In August, Harrison was denied bail after investigators claimed his life would be at risk if he was not kept in custody.

During an appearance in October, his representative Jack Gerber asked that evidence against his client be forwarded to the Director of Public Prosecutions to make an informed decision on the merits of the allegations. He said the defence had found discrepancies in the evidence against Harrison, but he would not elaborate.

Harrison said he met Krejcir in 2009. The Saturday Star previously reported that in 2011 he was given a job by Michael Arsiotis, a former associate of Krejcir.

Harrison claimed he started to receive threats shortly after taking the job. He then cut all ties with Krejcir and his associates, and left for Swaziland to start his own business.

-Sapa