Speaking outside the court, Suellen Sheeham said the delay angered her.
“He is trying to break me but he won’t,” she said.
She would continue to attend all the proceedings.
The case against Hewitt was postponed on Friday after the State said it had filed a centralised application, requesting that all three charges against Hewitt be heard in one court.
Hewitt, who now lives in Port Elizabeth, was not present at proceedings. His lawyer said he was still ill.
The 73-year-old is accused of raping one of his students in 1981 in Sun City, and another in 1982 in Boksburg. Both were 16-years-old at the time. Hewitt faces another charge of indecent assault.
Sheeham said she last saw Hewitt in 1994.
“I go through very hard times in the days leading to seeing him [for the court case],” she said.
So far, Hewitt has not made an appearance in court.
Outside the courthouse, a few people dressed in black and red T-shirts waited to hear the outcome of proceedings.
They carried posters reading “No excuse for child abuse”, “Life sentences for rapists”, “Men rape because they get away with it”, and “Protect our kids from sexual predators”.
The Women and Men against Child Abuse group also had a large banner with a picture of Hewitt on it.
Operations manager of the group, Tania Otto, said they were outraged that the centralised application had not yet been finalised.
“They had enough time to prepare,” she said.
“We would have loved for him to be here and for him to have been arrested and been here as planned in the last court proceedings,” said Otto.
She said they wished Hewitt a speedy recovery so that they could proceed with the case.
The case was postponed to January 10, 2014.
Magistrate Emmanuel Magampa said a warrant of arrest issued for Hewitt would be withheld until then.