Makhura told the community members and parents of pupils gathered at the school on Friday evening that he was not afraid of the few that disrupt school and “that we will take learners to the o schools and close down the school.”
The premier said the school would be shut down until the community was willing to restore peace.
Among the community, there were few that threatened the premier as he was addressing parents, the media and the community.
Makhura and senior government officials in Gauteng met at the embattled Roodepoort Primary School on Friday saying that they were trying to resolve the standoff between parents and teachers, which has resulted in disruptions in learning.
This comes after Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi, on Monday threatened to close down the school again should the violence and disruptions continue.
The primary school, which is in a predominantly coloured area, had been marred by allegations of racism and maladministration after the appointment of a black principal, Nomathemba Molefe, last year.
This year, the school was petrol bombed twice.
Lesufi said the violence at the school had resulted in a drop of learners attending classes and had also forced black teachers to stay at home.
In an effort to curb the situation, Lesufi deployed an armed security company at the school last week after a man, armed with a gun and claiming to be a parent, demanded to see the Molefe.
Molefe’s car was subsequently petrol-bombed.
Police had to fire rubber bullets during one of the violent protests as parents demanded that Molefe be removed.
In April, Lesufi closed down the school, but reopened it days later and indicated that there was a plan in place to ensure learning at the school.