Pupils admitted for food poisoning

Picture: Thinkstock

Eighteen pupils were admitted to hospital for food poisoning in Peddie on Friday, the Eastern Cape health department said.

“The school children experienced conditions such as vomiting, stomach cramps, and headaches after consuming chocolates sold by a hawker,” spokesman Sizwe Kupelo said.

The pupils, from Pumla High School, were being treated at Nompumelelo Hospital.

Last week, 24 people fell ill after they ate meat from a dead cow in Dutywa, Kupelo said.

“Six boys were also treated in hospital after they drank sour milk they bought at a local spaza shop in Peddie. They have all been discharged from hospital.”



today in print

today in print