South Africa 10.2.2015 05:37 pm

Rea Vaya buses still not moving

FILE PIC. Rea Vaya buses in Soweto. Picture: Michel Bega

FILE PIC. Rea Vaya buses in Soweto. Picture: Michel Bega

The Rea Vaya bus drivers will still not show up for work tomorrow.

Piotrans, the bus operating company, has announced that there will be no services of Rea Vaya on Wednesday, 11 February 2015.

Piotrans said it was continuing with the instituted disciplinary proceedings against the bus drivers who decided to go on an illegal strike last week on Monday 2 February 2015.

Spokesperson for Rea Vaya, Dumisani Mntambo, said they would only be able to announce how they have decided to deal with the situation on Thursday.

“Passengers who have loaded money into their smartcards are advised to use them as debit cards to make purchases,” read the statement.

READ MORE:

Rea Vaya bus drivers hearing

Rea Vaya services not resuming Monday

Rea Vaya, MyCiti and Gautrain bus drivers still on strike

Rea Vaya buses still not operating

 

today in print