“The effect of the court judgment is that Mojaki will remain on precautionary suspension until the investigations into allegations of misconduct and the disciplinary inquiry have been finalised,” the department said in a statement.
“Mojaki is to appear before a disciplinary committee on 20 November 2014 where he will face eight separate charges of misconduct.”
Mojaki was suspended last month and his application in the Labour Court was heard on Monday.
The department said possible charges against him included irregular expenditure after he allegedly authorised a payment of R500,000 to a law firm for services not yet rendered and unauthorised expenditure for allegedly authorising that R10,000 be paid to former municipal councillors after the council had been dissolved.
Mojaki was also accused of allegedly appointing a service provider without advertising for the tender which was worth R200,000.
He would also face two charges of allegedly failing to disclose conflict of interests.
The department said the district had received audit disclaimers for the past three years and incurred R1.3 billion in unauthorised and wasteful expenditure.
The auditor general had recorded repeat findings and qualifications for the last three municipal audits.
On September 3, the North West executive committee decided to disband the district council in terms of section 139(1)(c) of the Constitution and place the Ngaka Modiri Molema district municipality under administration.
This decision was endorsed by the National Council of Provinces and the North West High Court, the department said.