South Africa 10.11.2014 05:31 pm

Middelburg murder case postponed

Picture: Thinkstock

Picture: Thinkstock

The case against three people accused of two murders was postponed in the Middelburg Magistrate’s Court on Monday, Mpumalanga police said.

The matter against the three, aged between 22 and 26, was postponed to November 20 for a formal bail application, Brigadier Selvy Mohlala said.

Thabang Ntheko, Samson Makua and George Maswanganyi were arrested on Sunday after the decomposed bodies of two men were found at a disused mine in Middelburg.

“Preliminary investigations revealed that both deceased had been reported missing by family members,” Mohlala said.

One was reported missing on October 8 in Blinkpan, and the other on November 4 in Bronkhorstspruit, Gauteng.

“The police followed up on information and arrested one suspect at Uitkyk informal settlement. The other two suspects were apprehended at Mhluzi also in Middelburg.”

The trio has been charged with two counts of murder, two counts of kidnapping, two counts of robbery with aggravating circumstances and possession of a suspected stolen vehicle.

Sapa

 

03

today in print