“We have identified 11 hospitals around the country to deal with patients who could be affected by Ebola,” spokesman Joe Maila said.
“If anything happens, and someone is discovered to have Ebola, we can send them to these hospitals.”
The facilities had isolation facilities and protective clothing.
Gauteng and the Eastern Cape each had two identified hospitals, while the remaining seven provinces had one each.
Last month, Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi rejected claims that hospitals in the country were not ready to deal with an Ebola virus outbreak.
Replying to questions in the National Assembly, Motsoaledi insisted the 11 hospitals and their staff were fully equipped.
“All the designated hospitals have received guidelines on viral haemorrhagic fever and Ebola virus… dealing with all aspects of diagnosis, isolation, treatment and even management of possible fatalities that may occur as a result of the Ebola virus disease,” he said.
According to the latest toll from the World Health Organisation, the deadly virus has killed 3439 people in West Africa since the start of the year.
Motsoaledi was expected to announce an Ebola response fund on Friday.
South Africa set up the fund to mobilise resources from the business community to help fight the outbreak of the disease.