He said he met national police commissioner Riah Phiyega on Thursday.
“I cannot reveal what was discussed,” he said.
“I did indicate that I will be opposing the review.”
The Beeld newspaper reported on Monday that Phiyega rejected the findings of an internal inquiry chaired by Nazeer Cassim SC, in which Booysen was reportedly cleared of wrongdoing.
It reported that she was taking Cassim’s decision to the Labour Court on review, and that Booysen was placed on special leave pending the review decision.
Phiyega’s spokesman Lt-Gen Solomon Makgale said her office was not commenting on the matter at the moment.
“We are only going to provide comment on this matter once the entire disciplinary process has been finalised,” he said.
Booysen was charged in August 2012 with racketeering — for allegedly receiving payment to carry out hits in the KwaZulu-Natal minibus taxi wars.
Earlier this year, all criminal charges against him were withdrawn.
Police, however, pursued disciplinary charges against him which were linked to his alleged failure to act against members of the Cato Manor serious and violent crimes unit for their alleged excessive use of force.
Last week KwaZulu-Natal newspapers reported on Booysen’s acquittal and extracts from the report by Cassim.
The Mercury quoted Cassim saying in his report that: “The facts demonstrate an agenda to get rid of Booysen because he was perceived (rightly so I may add) as a determined, professional, competent, and tenacious policeman who would arduously strive to bring wrongdoers to book.”
The Witness reported that Cassim’s report was critical of a number of senior police officers, Phiyega, and KwaZulu-Natal provincial commissioner Mmamonnye Ngobeni.