The motorist’s body was dumped on the corner of Regent Street East and Fourie Street in Yeoville following the incident, according to North Eastern Tribune.
It has been alleged the man and his fiancé were stopped by three men at a stop sign at the corner of Regent and Phile streets.
After entering the vehicle, the suspects reportedly dropped the woman in Hunter Street in Yeoville and drove off with her fiancé who was later found killed.
Police confirmed that the victim’s vehicle was later recovered after having been found abandoned at the corner of Frances Street and Cavendish Road in Yeoville.
Anyone with further information on the hijacking can phone 08600 10111 or send an SMS anonymously to Crimeline at 32211.
Following a spate of hijackings in Gauteng recently, police issued the following tips to motorists:
- Cooperate with the perpetrator/s and give them what they want. Your valuables are not worth your life.
- Never look directly at the perpetrator.
- Keep your hands visible at all times and, if you have to move, do so slowly.
- If you are thinking of opening the vehicle door, explain to the perpetrator/s that you are doing so.
- Inform them that they can take whatever they want, but ask them to please leave you unharmed. If the perpetrator spends too much time next to you, chances are you will be hurt.
- If you can, try and memorise whatever you can, eg. their clothes, the car they are driving and registration.