Three suspects appeared in the Durban Magistrate’s Court this morning on charges of public violence following the incident at the Moses Mabhida Stadium recently where soccer fans went on the rampage.
Police spokesperson Colonel Thembeka Mbhele said Cebolendoda Hadebe, 21, Douglas Mhlaliseni Mkhize, 42, and Lungigani Gabriel Jaca, 33, were released on bail of R1 000 each.
“We are encouraging the outstanding suspects to contact our investigating officers immediately before our police officers pounce on them. We are once again appealing to injured victims to also come forward as we still require their statements,” said Mbhele.
The case against the trio was remanded to May 25, when they will appear together with four other co-accused who had appeared previously on the same charges.
– African News Agency (ANA)