South Africa 3.6.2014 07:43 am

Heater causes fire in Eldorado Park

Image courtesy Dylan McMullin/Freerangestock.com

Image courtesy Dylan McMullin/Freerangestock.com

An unattended heater caused a fire to break out in a building in Eldorado Park on Monday, Johannesburg emergency services said.

“The fire broke out at around 10pm this evening in one of the bedrooms. At this stage there are no injuries reported on this incident. The people who were inside the building were rescued unharmed,” said spokesman Robert Mulaudzi.

He said the cause of the fire was an unattended heater which was left inside one of the bedrooms to warm the room.

“The fire affected mostly the bedroom. It could have been worse but thanks to the swift response of our emergency services personnel, most parts of the building were saved. Only one bedroom in one flat was affected by the fire.”

Mulaudzi pleaded with residents not to leave heaters unattended.

– Sapa

 

today in print