South Africa 12.5.2014 01:49 pm

Pule Mabe’s fraud case postponed

FILE PICTURE: ANC national executive committee member Pule Mabe. Picture: Michel Bega

FILE PICTURE: ANC national executive committee member Pule Mabe. Picture: Michel Bega

The fraud trial of former ANCYL treasurer general Pule Mabe and two other men was postponed to August on Monday.

The trio appeared briefly in the Pretoria Specialised Commercial Crimes Court where defence lawyers said they needed more time to study documents, the SABC reported.

They said the State had provided outstanding documents, including the charge sheet, for them to prepare properly.

Mabe and the two men have been charged with fraud and corruption. They were arrested after handing themselves to the police last year.

The matter was postponed to the August 7, the SABC reported.

Sapa

 

today in print