- He became a high level police official in 2003, when he was appointed Limpopo’s deputy provincial commissioner. His career though, started off in 1982 in the Eastern Cape where he was an investigator.
- He sent the infamous ’27 questions’ to former finance minister Pravin Gordhan, giving him a deadline to respond followed by a request to turn himself into the Hawks office to answer to the establishment of a rogue unit within Sars which was allegedly created under Gordhan’s watch. Gordhan has since been cleared after KPMG admitted to compromising its own integrity and standards in compiling the report.
- He has been involved in a multitude of scandals including the illegal rendition of Zimbabweans, a judge found he lacked integrity and honour after he had lied under oath and he cleared Richard Mdludli on several charges despite him being found guilty in an earlier report.
- In September 2015 when his role as Hawks head became permanent, he appointed nine new provincial heads in each province.
- In an interview with City Press, he said having worked as a policeman in the Apartheid era was not a big deal. “All those police officers who were incorporated into the police service after 1994 are apartheid cops. So, should they be fired as well as me?” he shrugged,” the report said.
22.10.2017 09:02 pm