The suitable candidate will be part of a vibrant, forward-thinking team. It is the ideal opportunity for a young, energetic and self-motivated person. The ideal candidate will report directly to the Deputy Digital Editor.
- Daily and evening maintenance, updating and scheduling of content across The Citizen’s digital platforms.
- Writing, editing and processing content in line with the publication’s style.
- Uploading and editing photos and videos.
- Promotion of content on social media platforms in line with the company’s digital strategy.
- Work with the various editorial teams to ensure lively, interesting online pieces.
- Monitoring of wires, social media and competitor sites for breaking and/or relevant news.
- Relevant degree in journalism, multimedia or related fields.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Experience in the digital environment.
- Strong computer skills and a good knowledge of the web, multimedia and social media.
- Hunger to learn and develop quickly in a deadline driven environment.
- Can work independently or as a member of a team.
- Can take direction well.
- Display an interest in digital media technology and innovation.
- Work accurately with speed and focus.
- Willing to work evening shift.
- Ability to subedit and write clean, grammatically correct copy.
- Experience with CMS, web software and Adobe Photoshop.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, SEO.
- Video editing skills.
Preference will be given to individuals who will add to the diversity of the organisation.
Suitable applications with a full CV to be sent to: email@example.com
Reference in subject line: DIGITAL CONTENT ADMINISTRATOR (NIGHT SHIFT)
Closing date for applications: 27 October 2017.
The Citizen reserves the right not to fill this position.
Should you not receive any communication from The Citizen, please regard your application as unsuccessful.