South Africa 26.3.2014 06:26 pm

Fire at Sandton school

Image courtesy Dylan McMullin/Freerangestock.com

Image courtesy Dylan McMullin/Freerangestock.com

A fire broke out at a school in Sandton, Johannesburg, on Wednesday, paramedics said.

The flames apparently ignited in a storeroom of a school in Corlett Drive, said ER24 spokesman Russel Meiring.

A teacher had smelled smoke and evacuated pupils to safety.

Meiring said no one was injured.

“Fire fighters managed to extinguish the fire before it got out of control.”

It was believed that the fire broke out in the insulated oven used for hardening objects.

Sapa

 

06

today in print