South Africa 16.3.2017 10:46 pm

Woman electrocuted in Bophelong

Picture: Thinkstock

Picture: Thinkstock

ER24 paramedics said the woman was fixing a plug when she sustained a shock.

A woman, believed to be in her 40s died on Thursday, in the Bophelong settlement in Gauteng, after she was electrocuted, paramedics said.

ER24 spokesperson Russel Meiring said that paramedics were called to the scene by residents who tried to assist her.

“Upon their arrival, paramedics found the woman lying inside her home, showing no signs of life. Paramedics quickly assessed the woman and found that she had already succumbed to her injuries. Sadly, nothing could be done for the woman and she was declared dead on the scene,” he said.

“It is believed that the woman had been attempting to fix a plug when she sustained the shock. Members of the community came running to her aid when they heard her screams.”

He said that local authorities were on the scene to investigate.

– African News Agency

For more news your way, follow The Citizen on Facebook and Twitter.

To comment you need to be signed in to Facebook. Please do not comment by saying anything prejudiced.
We reserve the right to remove offensive comments.


today in print