South Africa 29.12.2016 08:06 am

Child loses finger at Ballito McDonald’s

McDonald's Ballito. Picture: North Coast Courier

McDonald's Ballito. Picture: North Coast Courier

The international fast food chain has apologised for the incident.

A six-year-old boy’s finger was severed in a freak accident at McDonald’s in Ballito on Tuesday morning.

The boy was reportedly in the upstairs, outdoor play area when the aluminum door slammed closed on his finger, reports the North Coast Courier.

The door amputated the top of his right baby finger.

McDonald’s chief marketing officer for South Africa Daniel Padiachy said they had lodged an internal investigation into this matter to prevent an incident like it from happening again.

“We are sincerely sorry for the pain caused by this incident to the family and the child.

“We are fully committed to providing all the support and cooperation that the boy and his family will need,” said Padiachy.

Paramedics took the boy to the Netcare Alberlito hospital, where he is reportedly recovering well.

– Caxton News Service

 

today in print