; PICS: Gateway mall on fire – The Citizen

PICS: Gateway mall on fire

PICS: Gateway mall on fire

The food court started burning this afternoon and the centre needed to be evacuated.

A fire broke out at the Gateway Theatre of Shopping in Umhlanga this afternoon, the North Coast Courier reported.

Pictures: North Coast Courier

.

The fire started in one of the restaurants, according to IPSS Medical Rescue’s Paul Herbst.

“The emergency services were in attendance and no casualties have been reported so far,” said Herbst.

The fire was contained within hours.

Customers were evacuated as soon as it broke out in the food court.

“It is believed to have started in an extractor system of one of the fast-food outlets. The affected area of the mall has been evacuated and no injuries have been reported thus far,” said Marshall Security’s Kyle van Reenen.

Pictures: North Coast Courier

.

 

– Caxton News Service

 

today in print