South Africa 19.4.2016 09:24 am

Gauteng online registration site down again

FILE PICTURE: Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi. Picture: Werner Beukes/SAPA

FILE PICTURE: Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi. Picture: Werner Beukes/SAPA

The department apologised for the delay.

The Gauteng education department’s online registration process for 2016 learner admissions, which was due to start this morning (Tuesday) at 8am, has hit another technical glitch.

The department said in a SMS this morning the website for online applications will only go live at 10am and was not available from 8am as previously communicated.

Last week Gauteng MEC for education, Panyaza Lesufi, gave the assurance that the department will be ready to accommodate the highest level of traffic on its website from Tuesday morning.

He said all the glitches that prevented parents from registering their children have been rectified.

This after the system crashed shortly after the online application process was first launched on April 10.

The registration period for government school will run from Tuesday until midnight on June 1 and placements will take place from June 24 until September 7.

Lesufi said the online registration system will help the department to plan adequately for school resources.

 

today in print