News 17.1.2016 10:09 am

Man electrocuted in Pietermaritzburg

Picture: Thinkstock

Picture: Thinkstock

A man died when he was electrocuted at his home in Pietermaritzburg on Saturday.

Netcare 911 spokesperson Chris Botha said paramedics received a call at about 8.20pm for an electrocution at Panorama Gardens in Pietermaritzburg.

“Reports indicate that a man was trying to connect his electricity when he was exposed to the live wires. Exact detail to the incident, however, will remain part of the South African Police [Service] investigation.

“The Netcare 911 advanced life support paramedic and his team arrived at the scene and after examining the patient it was found that he tragically died before our arrival,” Botha said.

 

07

today in print