Two more people linked to the football violence at Moses Mabhida stadium have handed themselves in, police in KwaZulu-Natal said on Thursday.
Spokesperson Brigadier Jay Naicker said: “We are encouraged by the fact that these accused have handed themselves over, and are cooperating with investigators and prosecutors. We are confident that the outstanding suspects will do the same. Warrants of arrest will be obtained to arrest those that do not hand themselves over shortly.”
On Wednesday, Nolwethu Cokotha, 29, and Zibongile Njona, 27, made a brief appearance in the Durban Magistrates’ Court, where they were granted bail of R1 000 each.
Naicker said the pair would join seven other co-accused when they appear in court on May 25, 2018.
Violence broke out at the stadium after the last month’s soccer match in which Kaizer Chiefs lost to Free State Stars.
“We are appealing to those injured in the stadium violence to also contact our investigating team. At this stage we have their names, however, we do not have their contact details,” said Naicker.
Those affected by the violence are requested to contact Detective Captain Reddy on 082 458 5630 or Detective Warrant Officer Mlungwana on 082 662 7764.
– African News Agency (ANA)