News 29.3.2018 02:12 pm

Atteridgeville school robbed for second time in one week

Gauteng education MEC Panyaza Lesufi speaks during a media briefing at Mahlube Secondary School in Mamelodi East on 16 October 2017. The MEC's visit follows an alleged sexual assault of a pupil of the school by one of the school's private security guards. Picture: Yeshiel Panchia

Gauteng education MEC Panyaza Lesufi speaks during a media briefing at Mahlube Secondary School in Mamelodi East on 16 October 2017. The MEC's visit follows an alleged sexual assault of a pupil of the school by one of the school's private security guards. Picture: Yeshiel Panchia

Criminals broke into the Dr WF Nkomo High School and stole two smartboards.

The Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) said on Thursday that they were disappointed to report that the Dr WF Nkomo High School in Atteridgeville had experienced a second robbery in the space of a week.

“It is really devastating, we are under siege. How can criminals be allowed to target our schools in this manner?” said Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi.

The GDE said that on Wednesday, criminals broke into the Dr WF Nkomo High School and stole two smartboards and abandoned three on the school premises.

On Tuesday, seven laptops, nine computers and all nutrition stock was stolen from the school.

Last week, the Masizane Primary School, Thohoyandou Primary School and Flavius Mareka Secondary School in Atteridgeville were also broken into and computers and nutrition stock taken.

– African News Agency (ANA)

For more news your way, follow The Citizen on Facebook and Twitter.

Ad Placeholder Id: ad_300x250_1 POS 3
Ad Placeholder Id: ad_300x250_2 POS 4

Ad Placeholder Id: ad_300x600_1 POS 5

hot tips of the day
BEST BET

RACE 9 No 6 Secret Delight

VALUE BET

RACE 8 No 5 Jo’s Mambo

RACE MEETING

23 April Flamingo Park

hot tips of the day
Ad Placeholder Id: ad_300x250_3 POS 8

poll

today in print