Susan van Rooyen, 53, who set herself alight about three months ago, is finally back home after being in hospital since the incident on the West Rand, Randfontein Herald reports.
The incident happened on Monday afternoon, July 10, on Union Street in Randgate.
The incident, where she poured about two litres of petrol over herself and rubbed it into her hair and face, was captured on CCTV footage.
Van Rooyen had skin surgery, and received various treatments and spent three months in hospital.
Upon being discharged, she had to visit her doctor every two weeks, and is on a special diet and receiving special care.
She currently lives with her daughter, Susan Cloete, and keeps herself busy with knitting and colouring in.
– Caxton News Service