The Cilliers family in Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal, finally have smiles on their faces, as their family pet, Savannah, is recovering well.
The family from Daffodil Crescent were left in shock this weekend after their dog was poisoned with two-step (pesticide Temik), Ladysmith Gazette reported
The dog was not doing so well on Sunday morning, but she received medical attention at about midday in the form of a drip that was supplied by a local private ambulance service. Savannah is responding well to the treatment.
Speaking to the Cilliers family, they said Savannah was getting better but was still very weak. She will probably still need more medical attention before she will be back on her feet again.
Residents of Ladysmith are warned about criminals using the two-step poison to kill dogs and gain access to properties.
Keep a watchful eye on your pets and also what is lying around your yard, as it could have been thrown in by crooks for dogs to eat.
– Caxton News Service