A 29-year-old security guard is expected to appear in court for attempted murder.
Provincial spokesperson Kay Makhubela said the security officer had been arrested after the shooting at the Centurion Lifestyle Centre in Centurion, Gauteng, on Sunday, where a 6-year-old boy was shot in the crossfire.
Speaking to Rekord Centurion, the 6-year-old’s father said when they got to the hospital, it was only then they discovered that his son was grazed by two bullets.
The father said his son was asleep in the car while his wife and daughter were in a shop buying baking supplies.
“All the windows of the car were left half open, and I was watching the car the whole time from outside. I heard some gunshots and thought it was in the shop. When I saw that my wife and daughter were okay, we heard my boy screaming from the car.”
A petrified father said he saw his son’s shoulder bleeding.
He said they discovered three bullet holes through the rooftop and ceiling of the car.
“Two of them grazed my son. That’s how he sustained the flesh wounds.”
He said the CPF, police and paramedics were on the scene within minutes, and everyone was very helpful.
“Things could have turned out worse. I am just grateful that my son is alive and healthy,” he added.
The guard is will appear in court soon.
– Caxton News Service