Pretoria e-hailing driver’s murder: Teenager among 3 more suspects arrested

The arrest of an Atteridgeville couple and another man in connection with the murder of an e-hailing driver brings the total number of suspects to six.

There have been further developments in the murder case of e-hailing driver Isaac Satlat (22) as police have arrested three additional suspects.

The newly accused Tumishang Mogau Mabutla (23) and his girlfriend Ofentse Senwamadi (18), both from Atteridgeville, as well as Thabang Kenneth Mothwa (27) from Saulsville appeared in the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court yesterday, reports the Pretoria Rekord.

They were arrested on Monday.

Mabutla is facing charges of premeditated murder and robbery with aggravating circumstances.

Senwamadi is charged with premeditated murder and robbery with aggravating circumstances as an accessory after the fact, while Mothwa faces a charge of robbery with aggravating circumstances as an accessory after the fact.

They join three other accused, Dikeledi Tears Mphela, Goitsione Machidi and McClaren Mushwana, who appeared in court on Monday.

Machidi and Mushwana were arrested on Sunday after investigations linked them to the crime, and they joined Mphela, who was arrested on Friday.

National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson Lumka Mahanjana said it is alleged that on February 11, the accused ordered e-hailing services using a cellphone number that was not registered in their name.

“When the vehicle arrived, Mphela got into the vehicle, while the other two accused followed in a separate car,” said Mahanjana.

“Mphela and her accomplice allegedly forced the victim to stop the vehicle, strangled him to death, and robbed him of his cellphone and vehicle, which was later recovered,” she added.

Mahanjana said the incident was captured by a camera installed in the vehicle, and the footage was circulated on social media.

According to the NPA, the six accused allegedly acted in common purpose in the killing of Satlat.

“It is alleged that the three accused, who previously appeared before the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court, with the co-accused added today, acted in common purpose to kill the 22-year-old e-hailing driver,” said Mahanjana.

Mahanjana alleged that after disposing of the deceased’s body, the accused took Satlat’s vehicle to Mothwa so that he could remove the tracker from the car.

The matter was postponed to Monday to allow the legal representative of accused number six to come on record and for all six accused to appear together in court.

Breaking news at your fingertips… Follow Caxton Network News on Facebook and join our WhatsApp channel.

Nuus wat saakmaak. Volg Caxton Netwerk-nuus op Facebook en sluit aan by ons WhatsApp-kanaal.

Read original story on www.citizen.co.za

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Network News in Google News and Top Stories.

Trott Chaane

Trott Chaane is a journalist at Pretoria Rekord, focusing on local news. With experience in audio editing and online news, Trott delivers well-researched and accurate articles. Dedicated to impactful journalism, he is passionate about growing in the field and making a difference.
Back to top button