Theft of Tutuka Power Station copper cables: 7th suspect in court

A 44-year-old man has become the latest arrest made in connection with theft at the power station near Standerton.

The Hawks arrested a seventh person suspected to be involved in the stealing of copper cables at Tutuka Power Station near Standerton.

The 44-year-old man is expected to appear in the Standerton Magistrate’s Court today. The Hawks in Secunda and Middelburg-based Serious Organised Crime Investigation units executed the arrest.

According to Mpumalanga Hawks spokesperson Captain Dineo Sekgotodi, the suspect is said to be a sibling of one of the accused.

Meanwhile, Tutuka Power Station principal inspector Refilwe Motloung (36) is still in police custody after her first court appearance last Friday. She is also set to appear in court today.

“Preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect played a key role in directing and escorting trucks during the theft. He will join two previously arrested suspects in court today.”

His arrest brings the total of arrested suspects to seven. Four additional suspects will be charged in connection with the Standerton case.

Sekgotodi said the investigation continues.

Read original story on www.citizen.co.za

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Network News in Google News and Top Stories.

Ruan de Ridder

A digital support specialist at Caxton Local Media, known for his contributions to the digital landscape. He has covered major stories, including the Moti kidnappings, and edits and curates news of national importance from over 50 Caxton Local News sites.
Back to top button