Siblings expected in Balfour court in connection with father’s murder

A man’s children were arrested over the weekend after he was found murdered in his home.

Four siblings, three sisters and a brother, between the ages of 36 and 45, are expected to appear in the Balfour Magistrate’s Court today in connection with the murder of their 71-year-old father.

They were arrested in Heidelberg, Gauteng, on Saturday, the same day that the victim’s body was found on a couch in his home at about 11:00.

Mpumalanga police spokesperson Colonel Donald Mdhluli says police and medical personnel were called to the scene.

“The father had multiple visible gunshot wounds and was certified dead by paramedics.

“A murder case was opened and the team of experts conducting the investigation immediately commenced the probe. Preliminary investigations revealed that the victim had previously applied for and was granted a protection order against his children,” he says.

Read original story on www.citizen.co.za

At Caxton, we employ humans to generate daily fresh news, not AI intervention. Happy reading!

Support local journalism

Add The Citizen as a preferred source to see more from Network News in Google News and Top Stories.

Ally Cooper

Passionate storyteller with over 30 years’ experience as a journalist, editor, proofreader, content creator, social media manager and public relations and media liaison specialist.
Back to top button