Called the Hilux Dakar Edition, this special range celebrates the stellar performance of the Hilux in the 2013 Dakar Rally.
The announcement of the new Dakar model coincided with the announcement of the Toyota Imperial SA Dakar team for 2014.
The Dakar package is available for a limited period only (July to September) on Raider grade models across all three body types (Single, Xtra and Double Cab) and features a wealth of attractive additional standard equipment.
“The Dakar Edition offers a fresh approach to our tough Hilux range,” saidKerry Roodt, general manager of Toyota South Africa Motors.
“Its combination of bold, rugged looks with a high level of standard equipment makes it an even more attractive proposition for the style and value conscious buyer.”
The striking exterior package of the Hilux Dakar Edition comes courtesy of the extras over and above the standard Raider fare.
The extras include stainless steel nudge bar with Dakar logo, stainless steel rear styling bar with Dakar logo, stainless steel side steps with Dakar logo, rear step bumper with towbar, black tonneau cover, smoky grey alloy wheels, body coloured mirrors, body coloured door handles and tailgate sporting the Dakar badge.
Moving indoors, the interior is enhanced with the following upgrades, black leather seats with red stitching, black leather door inserts with red stitching, black carpet set with red Dakar embroidery and red border and reverse camera (Xtra Cab and Double Cab).
- Hilux Single Cab 2.7 VVTi Raised Body DAKAR R292 200;
- Hilux SC 3.0 D-4D RB DAKAR R333 800;
- Hilux SC 3.0 D-4D 4X4 DAKAR R385 600;
- Hilux Xtra Cab 3.0 D-4D RB DAKAR R364 500;
- Hilux XC 3.0 D-4D 4X4 DAKAR R416 500;
- Hilux Double Cab 2.7 VVTi RB DAKAR R365 800;
- Hilux DC 2.5 D-4D RB DAKAR R397 100;
- Hilux DC 3.0 D-4D RB DAKAR R420 900;
- Hilux DC 3.0 D-4D RB AT DAKAR R433 700;
- Hilux DC 3.0 D-4D 4X4 DAKAR R473 700;
- Hilux DC 3.0 D-4D 4X4 AT DAKAR R486 400
- Hilux DC 4.0 V6 RB AT DAKAR R433 000;
- Hilux DC 4.0 V6 4X4 AT DAKAR R509 100.