The Keyes Art Mile is becoming a central part of social engagements in Johannesburg.
Tonight at First Thursday, the strip is expanding even more with five art exhibitions, live music and even more to eat.
If you haven’t yet visited, tonight will be the perfect introduction before the winter chill settles in the city.
While the first 600 tickets to the event are free, getting in will set you back R65 if you buy online and R95 at the door.
Funds from these tickets ensures the open-air event complies with city regulations, but also ensures a space where city dwellers can be outside, without driving out of the city to the rolling hills.
• The Artists’ Press Limited Edition Print Pop Up Keyes Thursdays will present the first of a regular pop up, kicking off with the Limited Edition Print Pop Up that showcases a collection of works from the acclaimed The Artists’ Press.
It’s at street level, so visitors can browse the wide selection (prices range from R345 to R16 500) and add to, or start, their fine art print collection.
• Holding Still: Psychology and Portraiture is showing at SMAC Gallery.
• The Atrium presents Vertical Presence: The Sculpture of Edoardo Villa, a showcase of four decades of the artist’s work.
• TMRW Gallery is hosting an immersive photographic exhibition by Elsa Bleda titled Memories and Dreams.
• Mesh Club is showcasing a solo exhibition by Gina Waldman titled Cattivo Gusto that is hanging throughout the space.
- Keyes Thursday is open on the first Thursday of every month and runs from 5.30pm to 10pm.
- Tickets can be bought here. The first 600 tickets are free