See the optional ingredients for some of the more traditional and loved pancake fillings.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time: 1 hour
500g cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
6 tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
Fillings and toppings (optional)
Cinnamon and sugar
Ice-cream or cream
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one big bowl.
- Crack the eggs into a second bowl, add the milk and mix until the wet ingredients are combined.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of the dry ingredients. Mix it until it becomes a smooth, consistent batter (It should not be too runny). More milk can be added if the batter is too thick.
- Turn stove to its highest to heat the plate. Once it is hot, turn it down to the middle number so that the pancakes don’t burn but just go golden.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray. Slowly pour a soup spoon of batter into the middle of the pan and twirl the pan in order to spread the batter in a circle to cover the base of the pan.
- Once you can see bubbles throughout the whole pancake, slowly move your spatula around the side of the pancake and slowly lift and flip (to cook the other side).
- Once it is golden take the pancake off and repeat the process until the batter is finished.
- Chop the strawberries to put into the pancake.
- If you don’t want the strawberries than add any other optional fillings and toppings of your choice.