With the Peech Boutique Wine Festival taking place on Saturday, it serves as a reminder to get your tickets for boutique festivals early.
Wine Menu’s popular Chardonnay and Pinot Noir Festival makes its return on May 10 where one of the doyenne’s of the Gauteng wine scene, Colrien Morris, gets to experience an impressive selection of South Africa’s best chardonnays and pinot noirs.
“This is a targeted wine experience that focuses on the flavours and nuances of these two famous Burgundian varietals. Generally, many high-end, award-winning pinot noirs and chardonnays are not shown at other festivals because they are often too expensive and with too small a production.
“People who come to The Chardonnay and Pinot Noir Festival are generally passionate about wine and are interested in these varietals,” says Morris.
Some of the wines that will be available on the night include Ataraxia’s 2015 pinot noir and their 2016 chardonnay, the 2017 Vondeling chardonnay, the 2016 Lothian pinot noir and the Lothian 2016 Vineyard Selection chardonnay.
- The festival takes place at the Killarney Country Club Crystal Room.
- The festival runs from 6pm to 9pm.
- Tickets cost R250 per person.
- A tasting glass as well as light snacks chosen to complement the styles of wine being sampled is included.
- Tickets can be purchased via webtickets.co.za, or from Wine Menu in the BluBird Shopping Centre in Illovo.