150g (1¼ cups) cake flour
10ml (2 tsp) ground cumin
10ml (2 tsp) ground coriander
2,5ml (½ tsp) dried chilli flakes
5ml (1 tsp) ground turmeric
1 large egg
250ml (1 cup) water
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
300g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
Vegetable oil, for frying
Fresh mint leaves, to serve
Fresh lime wedges, to serve
Cream cheese dip, to serve
1. Combine the cake flour, spices, egg and water in a large bowl and mix well. Season, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Cook the cauliflower in salted boiling water until tender but still retaining a bite, about 4 – 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Remove the batter from the fridge and coat the cauliflower in the mixture.
4. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry batches of the cauliflower until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
5. Season the cauliflower with plenty of sea salt flakes and serve with fresh mint, lime wedges and a creamy dip.
Brought to you by Food and Home