Hitting the road jogging or running is great exercise, but you also need to make sure you’re keeping health and safety in mind.
We share some tips with you — whether you’re a beginner or professional, always keep these things in mind.
1. Make sure you’ve had a healthy breakfast before leaving home. However, don’t eat just before leaving — make sure you have kickstarted that metabolism.
2. Always make sure you are wearing the correct running shoes.
3. Keep your fitness clothing simple and make sure it fits correctly — for women, this includes your training bra. The wrong bra can cause damage and make your run uncomfortable.
4. Try not to run at the hottest time of the day — and always were sunscreen, even when running early morning or late afternoon.
5. Take a cellphone with you in case of an emergency.
6. If running in the dark, make sure to wear reflective items.
7. Keep water on you — you don’t want to get dehydrated., But at the same time, sip slowly in order to avoid getting a stitch.
8. If possible, go with a partner — it’s always safer to run with someone outdoors.
9. Choose a route you know, and one that’s busy, to avoid dangerous situations.
10. If you get injured, call for assistance — do not carry on!
Brought to you by People Magazine