Here are her tips for the ladies who hope to the next Miss SA.
- Be yourself. We are not looking for the next Basetsana Khumalo or the next Liesl Laurie. Don’t come into the audition room with someone else’s dream. Show me that you are different, don’t be a copycat.
- You have to be a go getter. We’re looking for a Miss South Africa who is willing to do whatever it takes to reach her goals. She must be willing to go the extra mile for the women who look up to her.
- Don’t try too hard. You will come across as being fake. As an actress, I know when someone is being real and when they are acting. Don’t come to the audition and tell us about how much you want to give back, if you are not really passionate about giving back.
- Show me who you are. Don’t come into the audition room and think that your beauty is going to get you through – all women are beautiful. The next Miss South Africa has to be a beautiful women – with a purpose.
- Be tough. Being in the spotlight is not always easy. You have to be able to handle criticism.