TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The competition period is from Friday 8 January 2016 to Friday 22 January 2016 at midday, and participants may enter as many times as they like.
2. To enter the competition, participants are required to send an SMS with the relevant competition keyword followed by their full name, date of birth and suburb of residence as per the competition advert or complete an online form on The Citizen’s website- www.citizen.co.za
3. By entering the promotion/competition, entrants agree to abide by the rules and conditions of the promotion/competition.
4. This promotion/competition is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa, who are 18 years or older, except the employees, directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of The Citizen 1978 (Pty) Limited (“The Citizen”), Phumelela Gaming and Leisure Ltd (“Phumelela” and “TAB”), their respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, as well as the immediate family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organisations and persons.
5. Cost per SMS is R1.50 (free and bundled SMSs do not apply).
6. Errors will be billed.
7. The competition closes at 12pm on Friday 22 January 2016. No late entries will be accepted.
8. Entries from online and print will be combined and a winner will be chosen by a random draw.
9. The winner will be informed telephonically on Friday 22 January 2016.
10. The winner must hold a valid South African ID and must over the age of 18.
11. The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to contact the winner or winners but if any winner cannot be contacted within one (1) day from the date of the relevant draw, then the Promoter reserves the right to draw a new winner. It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide the correct contact details.
12. Prizes are not transferable, negotiable or redeemable for cash in any way whatsoever. Should a winner choose not to accept the prize he/she will forfeit the prize and new winner will be drawn.
13. Not The Citizen nor any of its sponsors, affiliates and agencies, nor their employees, accept any liability for any: oversight, ambiguity, error or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, which any of its employees, agents, affiliates or sponsors may commit in the running of the competition and the awarding of the prizes, injuries, losses or damage sustained as a result of the use of the prize or participation in the competition.
14. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The names of the winners will be published on the Winners’ page in The Citizen the first week of February 2016.
16. Prizes are as follows:
16.1 First prize: J&B MET COMPETITION
a. The winner and the person accompanying the winner must be over the age of 18
b. Return flights to Cape Town, departing from OR Tambo Airport in Johannesburg only (the winner is responsible to get to the airport using own transport), plus all transfers in Cape Town for two people. Depart OR Tambo Airport on Friday 29 January 2016. Return to OR Tambo Airport from Cape Town International on Sunday 31 January 2016. Flight times to be confirmed and may change due to availability.
c. Accommodation for two people sharing on Friday 29 January 2016 and Saturday 30 January 2016, and all meals (dinner on Friday 29 January, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday 30 January and breakfast on Sunday 31 January)
d. Hospitality in plush venue at J&B Met for winner and partner on 30 January 2016. Dress code: strictly smart
e. 1 x R2 000 free TAB bets
f. 1 x R3 000 cash and R3 000 clothing vouchers
g. 1 x R2 000 free TAB WIN and/or PLACE bet on horse of choice in the J&B Met
16.2 Two (2) runner-up prizes. Each winner receives:
a. R1 000 free TAB bets
b. R1 000 free TAB WIN and/or PLACE bet on horse of choice in the J&B Met
17. Any expenses incurred by winner, other than the items listed above, will be for the winners’ own account.
18. Phumelela Gaming and Leisure LTD and Kenilworth Racing (Pty) Ltd are licensed operators. No person under the age of 18 is permitted to gamble. Winners know when to stop. National responsible gambling programme, toll free counselling line: 0800 006 008.
19. Event not open to persons under the age of 18. Drink Responsibly.