PLUS, stand a chance to win one of three energy-efficient KTF 528/1 ME WATER KIC fridges every month.
PLAYING THE GAME
- Cards contain specific PSL players’ profiles, e.g. defender, goalkeeper, striker or midfielder
- Each card has its own rating out of 5 stars, with 5 being better and outweighing lower numbered cards
- The joker is called a “super player card” and has a higher score than any of the other cards. You may only use four of these cards in the game. The super player card (joker) scores a rating of 10
- The game can be played by 2, 4, 6, 8 or more players
- Each player is dealt 11 cards. The spare cards are placed on the table for substitution purposes. The player to the left of the dealer goes first
- The player takes the top card from his/her stack and places it face up next to the rest of his/her cards
- The player to the left of the first player goes next, and so the game continues clockwise
- The objective is to beat cards that have been laid down by the other players, e.g. if they put cards with weighting of 1 or 2 you can take their cards with a 3
- Every player keeps the cards that he/she has won in a pile next to him/her
- Each player has the option to substitute cards that have a lower rating by putting that card at the bottom of the substitute pile, and taking a new one from the top of the substitute pile. Remember, the substitute card may have a lower rating than the card you are changing it for. A joker may also be used to substitute any other card, but is limited to four per game
- The game continues until there are no cards left on the table
- At the end of the game, each player’s card ratings are added together. The player with the highest score, wins
Terms and conditions:
- Buy The Citizen and 5 kg/10 kg/12,5 kg Iwisa Maize Meal from any participating Pick n Pay store – Monday to Friday to collect a set of soccer playing cards (7 cards per set).
- Take your till slip to Pick n Pay Customer Services to receive a set of cards.
- The rules of how to play the cards are printed on each set of cards.
- PLUS, stand a chance to win one of three energy-efficient KTF 528/1 ME WATER KIC fridges every month – see point 8 below for competition dates.
- Each card has a unique number/letter in the right-hand corner. Collect all 11 cards per PSL team to get a unique 11-digit code.
- SMS the keyword Iwisa, followed by the unique 11-digit code, your full name, date of birth and suburb of residence to 33521 to stand a chance to win one of three fantastic KIC prizes.
- Three of the digits will be the first three letters of the relevant PSL team, and the remaining numbers may follow in any order, e.g.: if the team is Pirates, the unique number could be: P – I – R – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 – 7 – 6 – 10.
- The competition runs in three stages from 22 July to 9 October 2014. Winners will be determined by random draw and notified telephonically after each leg of the competition. FIRST LEG: 22 July – 15 August 2014. SECOND LEG : 18 August – 12 September 2014. THIRD LEG: 15 September – 9 October 2014. The competition closes at midnight on the last day of each leg.
- You may enter each leg of the competition, however, winners of a leg will not qualify for prizes in the next legs of the competition.
- SMSs cost R1.50 each. Free or bundle SMSs do not count and errors will be billed.
- By entering, you accept The Citizen’s standard terms and conditions and competition rules.
*List of selected Pick n Pay stores and Hypers:
Auckland Park, Bedfordview, Benmore, Bethlehem, Blackheath, Brandwag, Burgersfort Tubatse Crossing, Carlton Centre, Carltonville, Carnival Mall, Cedar Road, Centurion, Chilli Lane, Chris Hani Crossing, Clearwater Mall, Cresta, Daveyton, Diepkloof, Dihlabeng Mall, Doringkloof, Edenvale, Embalenhle, Fairmount, Family Central Park, Festival Mall, Florida, Forest Hill City-Monavoni, Fourways, Gallomanor, Gezina, Hatfield, Hazeldean Square, Highveld Mall, Hillcrest Boulevard, Hyper Bloemfontein, Hyper Boksburg, Hyper Centurion, Hyper Faerie Glen, Hyper Greenstone, Hyper Klerksdorp, Hyper Montana, Hyper Northgate, Hyper Norwood, Hyper Princess Crossing, Hyper Soweto, Hyper Steeledale, Hyper Vaal, Hyper Wonderpark, Hyper Woodmead, Ilanga Mall, Jubilee Mall, Kensington, Key West, Kimberley, Kroonstad, Krugersdorp, Lenasia, Lock Logan, Lonehill, Lynwood, Mabopane, Makhado, Mall At Lebo, Mall Of The North, Middelburg, Middelburg Mall, Midrand, Mmabatho, Mokopane Mall, Morningside, Nelspruit, Noordstad, Northland Corner, Pick N Pay Canal Crossing, Pick N Pay Moruleng, Pick N Pay Secunda Mall, Pick N Pay Tembisa Megamart, Pietersburg, Potchefstroom, Quagga, Randparkridge, Red Ruth, Riversidemall, Rivonia, Royldene, Ruimsig, Rustenburg, Sasolburg, Savannah, Secunda, Sinoville, Southdale, Southdowns, Southgate, Sunward Park, The Bridge, The Glen, The Grove, Threerivers, Thamshed, Tzaneen, Vaal Mall, Vistory Park, Village View, Vosloorus, Waterfall Mall, Welkom, Westgate, Wierda Park, Witbank, Wonderboom Junction, Woodlands Boulevard