- Return flights to Durban (from OR Tambo airport, Johannesburg only – winner is responsible to get to/from OR Tambo Airport using own transport); all transfers in Durban for two people
- Accommodation for two people sharing for Friday 30 June and Saturday 1 July and all meals (dinner on Friday 30 June, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday 1 July and breakfast on Sunday 2 July)
- Hospitality for two at Greyville Racecourse in a plush track-facing venue on Durban July day
- 1 x R2 000 free TAB betting vouchers
- 1 x R3 000 cash
- 1 x R3 000 clothing vouchers
- 1 x R1 000 free WIN & R1 000 free PLACE tote bet with TAB on horse of your choice in the Vodacom Durban July
RUNNER-UP PRIZES x 2:
- Lunch for two at the races at Turffontein on Vodacom Durban July day in the Aquanaut Room
- 1 x R1 000 free TAB betting vouchers
- 1 x R1 000 free TAB win tote bet on horse of choice in the Vodacom Durban July
- 1 x R1 000 cash
- Transport and accommodation are not included
TO ENTER, complete the entry form below.
One online entry per person.
THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS:
First Prize – Philip King
Runner-up – Ishmael Matsila
Runner-up – Mark Whitson
Look out for another chance to enter by SMS with The Citizen’s print edition between 8 – 22 June 2017. No restrictions on SMS entries.
The competition closes at midnight on 22 June 2017.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
THE CITIZEN, TAB AND PHUMELELA COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The competition period is from Thursday 8 June – Thursday 22 June 2017.
2. To enter the competition, participants are required to send an SMS with the relevant competition keyword (keywords are only valid until midnight each day) followed by their full name, ID number and suburb of residence as per the competition advert published in The Citizen during the competition period or via the online entry form.
3. By entering the competition entrants agree to abide by the rules and conditions of the competition.
4. This competition is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa, who are 18 years or older, except the employees, directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of The Citizen 1978 (Pty) Limited (“The Citizen”), Phumelela Gaming and Leisure Ltd (“Phumelela” and “TAB”), their respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, as well as the immediate family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organisations and persons.
5. Cost per SMS is R1.50 (Free and bundled SMSs do not apply).
6. Errors will be billed.
7. The last day of the competition closes at midnight on Thursday 22 June 2017. No late entries will be accepted.
8. All entries (SMS and online) will be combined and the winners will be chosen by a random draw in the presence of an independent auditor.
9. The winners will be informed telephonically on Friday 23 June 2017.
10. The winners – including their partners – must hold a valid South African ID and must be over the age of 18.
11. The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to contact the winner or winners but if any winner cannot be contacted within one (1) days from the date of the relevant draw, then the Promoter reserves the right to draw a new winner. It is the entrants’ responsibility to provide the correct contact details.
12. Prizes are not transferable, negotiable or redeemable for cash in any way whatsoever. Should a winner choose not to accept the prize he/she will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn.
13. Not The Citizen nor any of its sponsors, affiliates and agencies, nor their employees, accept any liability for any:
• Oversight, ambiguity, error or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, which any of its employees, agents, affiliates or sponsors may commit in the running of the competition and the awarding of the prizes, injuries, losses or damage sustained as a result of the use of the prize or participation in the competition.
14. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The names of the winners will be on www.citizen.co.za as soon as the winner has been contacted and verified.
16. Prizes are as follows:
1st Prize: Vodacom Durban July Experience
• Return flights to Durban, departing from OR Tambo airport, Johannesburg only, plus all transfers in Durban for two people (the winner is responsible to get to and from the airport using own transport)
• Flight times will be communicated to the winner and may not be changed or moved
• Accommodation for two people sharing for Friday 30 June and Saturday 1 July and all meals (dinner on Friday 30 June, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday 1 July and breakfast on Sunday 2 July)
• Hospitality at Greyville Racecourse in a plush track-facing venue on Durban July day for two people
• 1 x R2 000 free TAB betting vouchers
• 1 x R3 000 cash
• 1 x R3 000 clothing vouchers
• 1 x R1 000 free WIN & R1 000 free PLACE tote bet with TAB on horse of your choice in the Vodacom Durban July
Runner-up prizes x 2:
Each prize includes:
• Lunch for two at the races at Turffontein on Vodacom Durban July day in the Aquanaut Room
• 1 x R1 000 free TAB betting vouchers
• 1 x R1 000 free TAB win tote bet on horse of choice in the Vodacom Durban July
• 1 x R1 000 cash
• Transport and accommodation are not included
17.Any expenses incurred by winner, other than the items listed above will be for the winners’ own account.
18. Phumelela Gaming And Leisure Ltd and Kenilworth racing (Pty) Ltd are licensed operators. No person under the age of 18 is permitted to gamble. Winners know when to stop. National responsible gambling programme, toll free counselling line 0800 006 008.