Enter The Citizen/Phumelela Triple Crown competition and you could drive away with one of three VW Polo Vivos to the value of R132 200 each.
The Triple Crown series takes place over three legs: Guineas Day and Classic Day on 1 March and 29 March 2014 respectively, and Champions Day on 26 April 2014.
Get your entry form in The Citizen every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday during the following periods:
- 18 February – 1 March
- 15 March – 29 March
- 12 April – 26 April
To enter deposit the completed form in one of the entry boxes at Turffontein Racecourse on any or all of the race days for a chance to win.
The competition for each leg of the Triple Crown closes thirty minutes before the start of the respective race days. Finalists for each leg of the competition will be drawn on the day of the race, and receive a faux car key. All finalists will go through to the final draw and stand a chance to be one of the three winners at the last leg of the Triple Crown on 26 April 2014. At the close of the race on the 26th, all finalists will receive real car keys. Only three of those car keys will be a perfect match for each of the three cars, and the three finalists who can start the cars, will be the proud winners of the Polo Vivos.
Terms and conditions apply. Please see detailed terms and conditions below.
TRIPLE CROWN COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All information relating to the competition and published on any promotional material will form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
- Three (3) cars will be given away over the Triple Crown series: 1 March Guineas Day, 29 March Classic Day and 26 April Champions Day.
- All three (3) cars are VW Polo Vivos, to the value of R132 200 each, and all three will be given away on Champions Day 26 April.
- Entry forms will be published in The Citizen on each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday of the two weeks prior to the running of each leg of the Triple Crown and additional entry forms will be handed out on course, on all the big days. (Additional entry forms are limited to one entry form per person.)
- The entry forms will be placed in draw boxes, numbered from 1 to 20, and corresponding to the number of each participating horse, (depending on how many runners there are in each leg of the Triple Crown) for each race meeting.
- The winning horse number will relate to one of the box numbers.
- The competition for each leg of the Triple Crown will close thirty (30) minutes before the running of the leg. Closing times will be advertised on course, as well as on the published race card for each leg of the Triple Crown. No late entries will be accepted.
- Entries that are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors, will be declared invalid.
- Ten (10) names will be drawn out of the winning horse’s box with corresponding number and they will be the finalists for one of the three cars. There will be ten finalists for each of the three legs.
10.Entrants need to be present at Turffontein Racecourse to qualify. Entrants must have a valid entry, valid South African identity document and valid South African driver’s license.
11.These 10 finalists will be given faux car keys and will return for the final draw and car giveaway on 26 April.
12.This will happen on all three days and the FINAL draw will take place on 26 April after the running of the SA Derby.
13.The originally awarded faux keys will be exchanged for real car keys and each finalist will be given the chance to start the car.
14.The three (3) finalists, whose keys start the three (3) prize cars, will be the respective winners of the corresponding cars.
15.Prizes are not transferable, negotiable and/or redeemable for cash in any way whatsoever and the Promoters are not liable for any defect in the prizes. The Promoters reserve the right to substitute prizes with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
16.Competitions are open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa, who are 18 years or older, except the employees, directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of Phumelela Gaming Limited and any of its subsidiaries and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families, i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers and their agents, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, as well as the immediate family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organisations and persons.
17.By entering the competition, every participant agrees to abide by the rules and conditions of the competition, and warrants that all information submitted to Phumelela Gaming Limited is true, current and complete. Phumelela Gaming Limited reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
18.In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, Phumelela Gaming Limited in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these terms and conditions.
19.Should a winner choose not to accept the prize he/she will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn.
20.Only one entry per person will be accepted when the finalists are selected. Multiple entries are accepted. (Condition as set out in point 4 applies). However, one can only be a finalist once. Once you are a finalist, you are no longer eligible to enter the competition again. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of ‘brute force’, ‘script’ or any other automated means, that person will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
21. Not Phumelela Gaming Limited nor any of its sponsors, affiliates and agencies, nor their employees, accept any liability for:
- Any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed, whether or not arising during operation or transmission, as a result of server functions, viruses, bugs or other causes outside its control, such as, but not limited to, bad weather condition that may restrict any races on the day;
- Any oversight, ambiguity, error or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, which any of its employees, agents, affiliates or sponsors may commit in the running of the competition and the awarding of the prizes, injuries, losses or damage sustained as a result of the use of the prize or participation in the competition
22.Winners must hold a valid South African ID and must over the age of 18.
23.Winners’ names will be published in The Citizen and on www.citizen.co.za.
24.Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Phumelela Gaming Limited reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
25.Upon accepting the said prize, Phumelela Gaming Limited and any other contracted third parties relinquish any responsibility of the prize and cannot be held liable under any circumstance for any injuries, losses or damage sustained as a result of the use of, and/or related to the prize.
26.Prizes not collected/claimed within 30 days of being notified, will be disposed of at Phumelela Gaming Limited’s discretion.
27.Phumelela reserves the right to cancel a competition without any prior notice and at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control and Phumelela, its directors, employees, agents, partners, sponsors or promoters will not be liable to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever
28.The competition and rules will be governed by the South African Law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South Gauteng High Court, Johannesburg.
29.Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
30.Any expenses incurred by winner, other than the items listed in the prize will be for the winner’s own account.
31.Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of these competition rules, the Promoters’ decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.