Besides the riveting horseracing, there is the Intercontinental Village which will be showcasing tradition, community and foods from around the globe, adding to a fun family day out.
And adding to all the excitement and culture will be a display of over 40 Ferraris and one lucky Citizen reader not only stands a chance to win a Ferrari experience at Turffontein on 30 April at Champions Day, but will go into the draw to win a VIP experience at the Kyalami Ferrari Day on 23 July 2016.
To enter, SMS the keyword CHAMPIONS followed by your full name, date of birth and suburb of residence to 33521. Competition closes on 27 April at midnight.
Terms & Conditions:– 1 lucky The Citizen reader will stand a chance to WIN A RIDE IN A FERRARI
The competition and rules will be governed by the South African Law and any disputes will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Johannesburg High Court, Johannesburg.
1. This competition shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of section 36 read with Regulation 11 of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008.
2. Who Can Enter: Entrants are entitled to participate in this competition if they are natural persons who are at least 18 years old.
3. Entrants consent that they have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions by actively entering the competition
4. Exclusion: directors, members, partners, employees, agents of, or consultants to the event and/or its subsidiaries including Phumelela Gaming and Leisure (Pty) Ltd, Western Province Racing Club, Gold Circle or Kenilworth Racing (Pty) Ltd employees their promotional partners and printers, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Phumelela Gaming and Leisure (Pty) Ltd and/or the Promoter or marketing service providers in respect of this competition, or any of the aforementioned persons’ immediate family, including spouses, life partners, parents, children and siblings, business partners, or associates of a director, employee or agent of, a consultant to the Promoter are not eligible to participate or enter this competition.
5. By participating in this competition, you agree to be bound by all the Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions set out above, without exception. Upon entering the competition you are added to the respective Brand’s fan database and will receive notification emails related to marketing material. This clause is subject to the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act no 4 of 2013) and by entering this competition you hereby grant permission in terms of said Act.
6. One lucky The Citizen reader will stand a chance to win a ride in a Ferrari. PLUS go into the draw or the Grand Prize*. TO enter SMS the keyword CHAMPIONS followed by your full name, date of birth & suburb of residence to 33521. Competition closes on 27 April at MIDNIGHT
7. The Citizen winner will be entered into a lucky draw with 7 other finalists for the Grand Prize. *Grand Prize: VIP experience at Sefec Kyalami race day the on 23rd July 2016. The lucky winner (including partner) will have access to the VIP enclosure in the pit area, including lunch and receive a SEFAC branded cap and SEFAC branded picnic blanket. The winner (only) will be the one to go for a few laps around the track in a Ferrari 360 Challenge race car driven by Jackie Scheckter, nephew of South African Formula 1 World Champion Jody.
8. The winner of the Grand Prize draw will be announced at the race meeting on 30 April 2016.
9. The prize is exclusively for the benefit of the winner and is neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash or otherwise. Phumelela Gaming and Leisure (Pty) Ltd accepts no responsibility for damage, defect or warranty for the prize.
10. The winner will be required to complete a declaration acknowledging receipt of the prize and that he/she is not connected to the Promoter as in terms of clause 5 above.
The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw any aspect of this competition in its sole discretion at any time without notice or liability. Phumelela Gaming and Leisure (Pty) Ltd cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, Phumelela Gaming and Leisure (Pty) Ltd in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these terms and conditions. The event, its directors, employees, agents, partners, sponsors or promoters will not be liable to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever.
11. Should the winner choose not to accept the prize he/she will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be announced. By accepting the prize the winner will be required to sign a release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and Phumelela Gaming and Leisure (Pty) Ltd accepts no responsibility for prizes.
12. Subject to winners’ consent their names will be published in any public material and social media platforms such as Facebook and twitter.
13. Any expenses incurred by the winner, other than the items listed above will be for the winner’s own account for example travel. Competition entrants should be located in Johannesburg Phumelela Gaming and Leisure (Pty) Ltd will not be liable or responsible for the winners’ travel expense to, and from the racecourse on Saturday the 30 April 2016.
14. Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of these competition rules, the Promoters’ decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
15. Neither Phumelela Gaming and Leisure (Pty) Ltd nor any of its sponsors, affiliates and agencies, nor their employees, accept any liability for:
a. An error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost or delayed, whether or not arising during operation or transmission, as a result of server functions, viruses, bugs or other causes outside its control, such as, but not limited to, bad weather condition that may restrict any races on the day;
b. Any oversight, ambiguity, error or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, which any of its employees, agents, affiliates or sponsors may commit in the running of the competition and the awarding of the prizes, injuries, losses or damage sustained as a result of the use of the prize or participation in the competition.