Mpoku is charged with kidnapping and murdering three-year-old Cuburne van Wyk in Reiger Park in August.
Police have claimed Mpoku was the last person to be seen with Van Wyk before the toddler’s body was found partially burnt on a mine dump, with multiple head wounds.
Family members said the postponement was frustrating and that they were worried the State might withdraw charges against Mpoku.
“I don’t feel good about the postponement, we are still suffering,” said Daphne Fredericks outside the Boksburg Magistrates’ Court, east of Johannesburg, on Wednesday.
“That is my grandchild, every time when I think of him then I cry. Then we keep on postponing the case, I mean really, things just don’t work out,” she said before breaking down in tears.
“God says we must forgive, but can you forgive (the murder of) a three-year-old child who can’t defend himself, can you forgive a thing like that?”
Cuburne went missing for three days before his body was found.
Elroy Pieterson, Cuburne’s father, said that every time they came to court, the case had been postponed.
“I feel like I can do something that is wrong. When he (Mpoku) looks at me he laughs, he doesn’t have remorse.” Pieterson said.
“This guy is playing mad but he’s not mad. A mad person won’t want to apply for bail for a second time.”
Reiger Park murder accused in court