- Share & Rate this article
- Related Stories
He did not go to court out of revenge or because of politics, but because he needed to pay his service providers, Z2A Village and Z2 Presentations director Wium Adendorff reportedly told the newspaper.
“We are relieved that we are over the first hurdle. It was a case of either me or them,” he was quoted as saying.
The High Court in Johannesburg granted the order on November 1.
It reportedly means that the affairs of the ANCYL will be put in the hands of the Master of the High Court, and that its interim leadership will not be able to make any decisions until the final order in January.
In 2008, Adendorff’s company arranged the African National Congress Youth League’s (ANCYL) conference at the University of the Free State.
Because of administrative chaos, the conference was extended by a day and Z2 Presentations had to arrange food and accommodation for the delegates.
“They called on us to intervene. Some of the people in hostels were transferred to expensive hotels. Food was a crisis,” Adendorff was quoted as telling the newspaper.
According to Rapport, he said the ANCYL signed an agreement to reimburse the company’s costs.
However, only a few payments were reportedly made by 2011, and Adendorff was sent from pillar to post between the ANCYL and the ANC.
In a briefing on Thursday, ANCYL convenor Mzwandile Masina claimed dishonest former leaders had milked it dry.
He did not name expelled African National Congress Youth League president Julius Malema, who started and now leads the Economic Freedom Fighters.
- I sacrificed my life – Tongo ...
- Zola Tongo drilled on hit money
- Tongo quizzed on hitmen names
- Tongo admits to ‘mistakes’ ...
- Dewani court led through phone evidence
- Tongo knew nothing about helicopter ...
- Dewani seen with package in video
- Tongo thought Anni was two people
- Court shown footage of Dewani couple
- Dewani escort went to police
- Serero fitness boost for Bafana
- Barker endorses PSL decision
- CAF deny AFCON 2015 postponement deal
- One more Pirates game called off
- Free transport to Meyiwa funeral
- Gaxa – Senzo is an inspiration
- Limpopo arrest in Meyiwa case untrue ...
- Bafana to play in Senzo’s hometown
- Praise for PSL change of heart
- Golden Arrows on top
- Follow The Citizen
- Network News