- Share & Rate this article
- Related Stories
He did not go to court out of revenge or because of politics, but because he needed to pay his service providers, Z2A Village and Z2 Presentations director Wium Adendorff reportedly told the newspaper.
“We are relieved that we are over the first hurdle. It was a case of either me or them,” he was quoted as saying.
The High Court in Johannesburg granted the order on November 1.
It reportedly means that the affairs of the ANCYL will be put in the hands of the Master of the High Court, and that its interim leadership will not be able to make any decisions until the final order in January.
In 2008, Adendorff’s company arranged the African National Congress Youth League’s (ANCYL) conference at the University of the Free State.
Because of administrative chaos, the conference was extended by a day and Z2 Presentations had to arrange food and accommodation for the delegates.
“They called on us to intervene. Some of the people in hostels were transferred to expensive hotels. Food was a crisis,” Adendorff was quoted as telling the newspaper.
According to Rapport, he said the ANCYL signed an agreement to reimburse the company’s costs.
However, only a few payments were reportedly made by 2011, and Adendorff was sent from pillar to post between the ANCYL and the ANC.
In a briefing on Thursday, ANCYL convenor Mzwandile Masina claimed dishonest former leaders had milked it dry.
He did not name expelled African National Congress Youth League president Julius Malema, who started and now leads the Economic Freedom Fighters.
- Oscar Pistorius ‘cried himself to ...
- End of the road for Oscar Pistorius ...
- ‘We don’t want ...
- Oscar sentence ‘carefully ...
- Oscar ‘largest news story in the ...
- Oscar processed and placed in cell
- No parole for Oscar – IFP ...
- Oscar sentencing: Twitter users react
- Five-year sentence ‘carefully ...
- NPA will discuss sentence with ...
- Mokoena ready for Sundowns
- Stars sidestep infighting queries
- Roger De Sa wary of Bucs backlash
- Bafana rise ten places in Fifa rankings
- We derailed the Gautrain – Madida
- Mosimane disappointed with draw
- Hunt delighted with Igesund reunion
- Komphela surprised by winning margin ...
- Polokwane City never lost hope – Langa
- Barker facing the sack
- Follow The Citizen
- Network News