City Press reported that the 32-year-old will spend eight more days in the Roodepoort police holding cells after he was remanded in custody.
Sipho Charles Ndlovu (aka Brickz), famous for his song Sweety My Baby, was arrested in Joburg on Friday for allegedly raping the girl in Honeydew on March 26.
National Prosecuting Authority South Gauteng spokesperson Phindi Louw told City Press that the state would oppose bail on November 12. “Rape is a Schedule 6 offence which is a very serious case,” she said.
- Related Stories
- ‘Bad attitude’ keeps Khune ...
- De Boer admits Ajax will miss Serero
- Musona joins Oostende
- Condolences pour in for former Golden ...
- Igesund seeks Christmas cheer
- Eric Tinkler frustrated by ...
- Clinton Larsen happy to return with a ...
- Parker, Patosi back for Bafana
- Allan Freese brushes off match ...
- Mokotjo’s Twente into last eight
- Follow The Citizen
- Network News