Award-winning Kwaito star Brickz appeared in the Roodepoort Magistrates’ Court on Monday for the alleged rape of a 16-year-old.
City Press reported that the 32-year-old will spend eight more days in the Roodepoort police holding cells after he was remanded in custody.
Sipho Charles Ndlovu (aka Brickz), famous for his song Sweety My Baby, was arrested in Joburg on Friday for allegedly raping the girl in Honeydew on March 26.
National Prosecuting Authority South Gauteng spokesperson Phindi Louw told City Press that the state would oppose bail on November 12. “Rape is a Schedule 6 offence which is a very serious case,” she said.
- Related Stories
- Follow The Citizen
- Ajax make Wits pay the penalty
- Liverpool confirm Markovic’s ...
- Live Report: Bidvest Wits vs Ajax
- Gaxa praises Chiefs effort
- Lebese sends Chiefs into MTN final
- Blow by blow: Chiefs vs Bloem Celtic
- Coloccini own goal helps Arsenal ...
- Troyes secure Ngcongca loan deal
- Dortmund sign South Korea’s Park ...
- Garcia demands Roma win against Juve