Award-winning Kwaito star Brickz appeared in the Roodepoort Magistrates’ Court on Monday for the alleged rape of a 16-year-old.
City Press reported that the 32-year-old will spend eight more days in the Roodepoort police holding cells after he was remanded in custody.
Sipho Charles Ndlovu (aka Brickz), famous for his song Sweety My Baby, was arrested in Joburg on Friday for allegedly raping the girl in Honeydew on March 26.
National Prosecuting Authority South Gauteng spokesperson Phindi Louw told City Press that the state would oppose bail on November 12. “Rape is a Schedule 6 offence which is a very serious case,” she said.
- Related Stories
- Follow The Citizen
- Bucs open to Masalesa/Mzwakali swap deal
- Focus will win Paris the Ligue 1 title ...
- Magical Messi ruins Guardiola homecoming
- AmaZulu storm back to beat Tuks
- Stars romp to 3-1 win over City
- Wits score upset win over Chiefs
- Ajax score in injury time to drop ...
- Absa Premiership champs Chiefs suffer ...
- Blow by blow: Chiefs vs Wits
- Safa wish Pirates well in Confed Cup
- Network News