Award-winning Kwaito star Brickz appeared in the Roodepoort Magistrates’ Court on Monday for the alleged rape of a 16-year-old.
City Press reported that the 32-year-old will spend eight more days in the Roodepoort police holding cells after he was remanded in custody.
Sipho Charles Ndlovu (aka Brickz), famous for his song Sweety My Baby, was arrested in Joburg on Friday for allegedly raping the girl in Honeydew on March 26.
National Prosecuting Authority South Gauteng spokesperson Phindi Louw told City Press that the state would oppose bail on November 12. “Rape is a Schedule 6 offence which is a very serious case,” she said.
- Related Stories
- Follow The Citizen
- Bafana hold Honduras
- Blow by Blow – Honduras v Bafana ...
- Celtic face unpredictable Arrows
- Aces aiming for two wins against Chiefs
- Safa charters flight for Banyana to Bata
- Four players who swapped soccer ball ...
- Mokotjo gets Bafana chance
- Liverpool fans create chant to honour ...
- Fan applies for Liverpool coaching job
- Chiefs’ Shabba relishes Aces challenge