As the news broke that 16 actors from popular local soapie Generations had been fired, the show’s executive producer Mfundi Vundla took to radio to explain the decision. Listen to what he had to say.
Vundla spoke to 702’s Xolani Gwala after MMSV Productions released a statement to say that the contracts of the actors taking place in the latest strike had been terminated.
According to a statement released collectively by the actors last week, the group went on strike after their demands for longer contracts (among others) had not been met. Last year, the cast seemed to have reached an agreement with the SABC and the show’s producers, but the actors claimed they were threatened with dismissal and ordered to go back to work.
- Related Stories
- Follow The Citizen
- Rusike joins Portuguese side Nacional
- Celtic, Abraw matter goes to arbitration
- Messi ban fear as Argentina face ...
- UEFA ‘worried’ by Italian ...
- Maritzburg to take Komphela to PSL DRC
- Gabuza sends out challenge to Ndoro
- Sundowns make a bid for Mashumba
- Vargas double as Chile sink Peru to ...
- Chippa secure Chiefs duo
- Chiefs ‘snub’ conciliation ...