A woman caused a commotion when she stripped naked and caressed the statue of former president Nelson Mandela in Sandton.
The woman was said to have walked around Nelson Mandela Square before undressing herself in full view of the public on Monday afternoon, The Star reported on Wednesday. The spectacle caused those working in nearby restaurants to get their orders wrong and one man was hit on the head by his wife for getting up for a closer look.
Social media was abuzz with people trying to find out who she was.
Some people were however not amused by the stunt.
— iHlulani (@iHlulani) July 28, 2014
Many called her actions distasteful and commented on whether her body was good enough to be shown in public.
Khotso Tladi, a chef at Baglios said: “She didn’t have a nice body, everything was saggy and she had hair. Afroman was better.”
Sandton City and Nelson Mandela Square regional marketing manager Megan Meas told the paper that they were aware of the incident.
“This was an unauthorised incident conducted by a private citizen in her personal capacity on our property,” she said.
The woman was not charged and her whereabouts are unknown.
- Related Stories
- Follow The Citizen
- Chiefs to sign Messi? – it has to ...
- Matlaba to undergo late fitness test
- Djurgardens pleased to have Mushekwi on ...
- Johnson vows to save struggling Stars
- King Zwelithini buys Orlando Pirates
- Amajita star signs for Swedish side Gais
- Shabba set for Sundowns move
- Argentina edges Ecuador 2-1 in football ...
- Cape Verde record historic win over ...
- Fellaini gives Belgium edge over Israel
- Network News